REVAMPING OF INDUSTRIAL PLANTS – UPDATING AND MODERNIZATION OF EXISTING MACHINES ,EQUIPMENT AND PLANTS
Petro Tech M.E Engineering & Contracting after evaluating costs and benefits determines if the system needs to be updated and advise the customer for the best.
To determine if the system needs to be updated Petro Tech M.E takes the following steps:
- Plant inspection;
- Assess the structural condition of the main components of the plant/machine;
- Estimate the residual life of the plant to be revamped including the evaluation of spare parts. (Installed spare parts for PLC or SCADA may have become expensive or no longer available);
- Software update;
- Define the estimated replacement cost and the total cost of the project;
- Return on investment;
- Compare with the cost of a new installation;
- Minimize plant/machine downtime;
- Formulate an offer.
Petro Tech M.E supports the Customer in the production and installation of the new system (updated or a new one) and gives assistance in the ordinary and extraordinary maintenance phases.